Cars have evolved a whole lot in the past 100 years. Remember when they were called “horseless carriages”? Back on those days, we learned that a glove compartment was indeed where you stored your gloves so your hands wouldn’t get as cold in the unheated vehicle, and floorboards were boards placed on the floor so your feet wouldn’t get caught in the parts working below.
However, even today, automotive technology continues to improve, and ten great new automotive features are sure to bring additional comfort to modern vehicles. Here is a brief look at the ten great new automotive features listed by Autotrader:
- Digital Gauges — Not only can you read them more accurately, but you can also get more informational data in a smaller space.
- Touch Screens — The more your vehicle has functionality that mimics your mobile devices, the easier they are to use.
- Stop & Start technology — Commonly seen on hybrids, more vehicles — including those with manual transmissions — save fuel by temporarily shutting off the engine while at a stop and restarting the engine once the foot is lifted from the brake pedal.
- Steering Avoidance — Though it’s not entirely autonomous driving, this could make a massive difference by lowering the number of pedestrian accidents.
- Semi-Autonomous Driving — We are still years away from fully-autonomous driving, so we’ll be happy to employ the use of semi-autonomous driving, which is a game-changer for long road trips and bumper-to-bumper commutes.
- Towing and Trailering Apps — If your car breaks down, these towing and trailering apps will help get you to safety more quickly. Even for those who are broken down but still close to home, it’s never fun to call around to find an available tow truck with a flatbed lift to cart your vehicle to the shop. We know this from personal experience. :-/
- Surround-View Cameras — While most people are used to rear-view cameras, surround-view cameras allow you to see the front and the sides, too. Who wouldn’t want this feature? It’s so smart!
- Wireless Infotainment Consoles — Why bother with extra cords and USB ports to hear your favorite music playlist when you could go wireless?
- Vehicle Control Apps — Like a genie in a bottle, you can hit the app to start your car, unpark itself, and pick you up at the front door.
- Road Scanning — Find obstacles in the road in advance and avoid potholes with road scanning technology. It should reduce the risk of accidents and damage to your vehicle’s undercarriage.
These modern technology advances are super exciting, aren’t they? However, don’t be fooled into thinking that all of these great new automotive features aren’t going to require software updates and regular service. That’s why you need Dick’s Automotive in Clovis for quality auto repair and maintenance. These sensitive electronic features require electronic specialists, and we are known for being the electrical diagnostics and computer experts in the region. After all, we spend many hours going to tech classes, learning what’s new in automotive technology so we can stay abreast of all the intricacies of advanced technology.
If you are looking for an auto repair shop in the Clovis or Fresno area, you’ve found it! Dick’s Automotive has a strict code of ethics so that you can expect honest, accurate service for your car, truck, or SUV! Schedule an appointment with our auto mechanics at Dick’s Automotive. We are conveniently located at 1550 Tollhouse Road in Clovis, CA. 93611.