The automotive industry is continually changing. Think about where we were 20 years ago — hybrids were not around, no one had even heard of self-driving cars, and what about all the new safety technology? The automotive industry continues to surprise. The team at Dick’s Automotive tries to stay ahead of the curve, by continuing to receive ongoing training and immerse themselves in all the technology.
What have we learned? Here is what is on the horizon for the automotive industry:
- Electric vehicles will have increased mileage between charges to combat climate change.
- More and more autonomous vehicles will be seen on the roads. This will happen in stages, as certain degrees of self-driving cars will be gradually released on the road. You might begin to see this with self-driving semi-trucks.
- Car sharing will be become increasingly popular, happening in Europe first. 60% of Europeans said they would share their car for money.
- Vehicles will be connected via the internet and Cloud to minimize traffic.
- Expect vehicles to be updated more frequently, as there will be more software updates needed to be completed.
For an auto repair shop that stays on the cutting-edge of the automotive industry, you are in the right place. The team at Dick’s Automotive recognizes that in order to service your vehicle properly, they need to be “in-the-know” of the automotive industry. Contact us today to set up an appointment with our qualified and honest technicians. We aim to keep your vehicle safe and secure for many more months and miles! We are conveniently located at 1550 Tollhouse Road in Clovis, CA. 93611, and we look forward to seeing you and your vehicle soon!